In Madison County there is more to life than business! We are anything but small when it comes to our ability to make available the best of various worlds. Ours is a community that is rich in history, heroes and hometown feeling. The friendly people and peaceful atmosphere make Madison County a wonderful place to live. We enjoy quiet starlit nights and slow southern days.
The incorporated towns of Madison, Lee and Greenville offer ample opportunities for fun and fellowship with annual festivals, special events and holiday celebrations held in the historic downtown area and community parks.
A warm tropical climate provides Madison County residents with year-round outdoor activities. Boarded on the east by the Withlacoochee and Suwannee Rivers and on the west by the Aucilla River, there is ample opportunity for fishing, boating, canoeing and swimming. With 716 square miles of forests, rivers, lakes, trails, parks and gently rolling hills, you will find our attraction is only natural!
With our family oriented quality of life, let Madison County be your destination for business and family!
- Madison County has a special appeal for those that enjoy a slower pace of life and a beautiful City combined with the rolling hills of the North Florida country side.
- Some of the favorite things to do are hunting and fishing, with the fishing served by several public boat ramps and with the Gulf Coast only 45 minutes to the South.
- Our recreation park is one of the best in the region serving our Babe Ruth league and hosting several softball and baseball tournaments every year.
- The Community College hosts an annual artist series bringing in great performers during the College term.
- There are several locally owned restaurants that the people in the county enjoy and if you want to shop the mall or see a movie Valdosta, Georgia is only a comfortable 25 minute drive.
- College football is also very close with Valdosta State 30 minutes to the North, Florida State University 50 minutes to the West and the University of Florida approximately 90 minutes to the South.